My photo
Sussex, United Kingdom

Thursday, 27 May 2010

FMP Finished.

So I have just finished typing up my Final Major Project production report, and it actually was quite an epic task to recall a years worth of work and I am glad I kept some sort of record of my involvement or else I would have completely lost track or when and what I actually did.


I can't believe it's done though. Hand in tomorrow. and then an opportunity to start creating artwork for fun for a few weeks :)

Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Burning to Disc


So after three days of toil and trouble, I have finally successfully burnt our film to disc with a functioning menu and sound. Which is very exciting as it had started to feel as though it was never going to work.
I have also finished the press kit menu, and I am reasonably pleased with how it all looks, although there are a few pages on the press kit that needed rescaling, but time constraints and other un touched projects have encourage me to compromised and finish.

Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Encore.

Above is an example of the grey hell in which I am currently having to work. I am not designed to use this software. it is mocking me at the moment. and is the only thing standing between Charlotte and I completing the practical aspect of our final major project and getting on with our other work. All of the components for the film disc are in the project, they all work perfectly well outside of Encore but when I import them in the film does work and nor does the sound. it is completely maddening. Hopefully I will be receiving some help soon, as I would really like to finish this today rather than waste any more time on it

Monday, 24 May 2010

An Update, for me more than you.

So, the film is done, for all intensive purposes, and will be ready for the hand in on friday. Tomorrow I will (I am determined) be burning it sucessfully to disc, after georg gave me a brief lesson in how to set up a menu in encore. Charlotte was trying to do the press pack using her mac dvd thingy but it seems a bit confuing for the user so I am going to be making a simple functional menu tomorrow for all the press kit bits she has put together.

I am about 800 words into my production report and that just leaves another 2200 to go, which is completely managable as i have so much to talk about.

I am 800 words into my professional practice which leaves 1200 to go, though I am a little unclear as to what to talk about now that I have covered Kathy and Joke's day to day working experiences but I am sure I'll think of something.

Which just leaves the innovation project which I am a little worried about, though I have begun the practical side of things. my main concern in the research report.

Tuesday, 18 May 2010

Lable making efforts



It is safe to say my attempts at lining up the layout template with the stickers have been a bit of a fail. Plan for tomorrow is to have some over lap, so it does not need to be perfect.

DVD labels artwork


and Alex just called and is back on for doing some effects. Phew!

Change of Plan

So due to an unforeseen problem, Alex won't be able to help us with the special effects on the film, which is a shame as he seemed to have a very firm grasp of after effects and Charlotte and I now have to muddle something together. But our back up plan of lighting using photoshop layers and adding them to the toonboom scene is already underway so hopefully it wont take too long and I can just cut them film together in a few days . Scary nonetheless.

Monday, 17 May 2010

Press Kit Cover

Final Major Project Update

So, today I have finished editing that animation together and I think I have included everything necessary in the finishing credits, from animators to the tutors who have all been a massive help.

It is being finished a little later than originally planned, editing wise anyway, as I made a massive mistake on friday evening by pulling out the cord to the hard drive, and all my hard work was lost.

So all that is left to do is to email it to Alex Jolliffe who can now do the final cut of the music he has created, as the film is now slightly longer than originally anticipated, though only by 15 seconds or so, I think.


And another cut of the film needs to be given to Alex Darabi, as he will be doing all of the special effects for the film (though I will be doing a test shot for my innovation project, I don't think it will be of I high enough quality to include) So I am hoping to be able to get hold of him by the end of the day, though no joy so far.

Tuesday, 11 May 2010

video

The Press Pack

For our Professional Brief, we have to produce a press kit, which supposed to be produced to industry standard. Which must include our final film (marks for presentation) bios of both Charlotte and myself, print quality stills from the film, a full list of credits and a brief synopsis of the film. So today Charlotte and I have ordered our blank discs and cases and cd labels. I am a little nervous about the labels to disc procedure but I am sure we can work it our, and we have about 50 spare labels, to fix mistakes. So fingers crossed and pictures to come :)

Wednesday, 5 May 2010

Particles

video

Invite Artwork


So Andy (course leader) ask that each project submit a piece of artwork from their final film for the graduation film screening invite. And so below is the submission for The Lady in the Rain. Can't believe we are graduating. eek.

Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Postcard


So the odds and ends day.






Today, after Charlotte completed the rough cut for Lady in the Rain last friday, we have both decided that it would be a good idea to work on the other projects on the go, so as not to fall behind. So this morning I have been completing my creative CV, which I have decided not to include any artwork on as that is what my show reel is for and I would not like to try too make a statement about my artwork and style with just one single piece.