My photo
Sussex, United Kingdom

Monday 26 January 2009

Character animation



We have been set the task of animating to a sound clip from the Kung Fu Panda film. The quote is 'ahh.. maybe I shoudl just quit and go back to making noodles.'
My character is Bill, He is entirely based on a little plastercine character I made last term. I photographed the model and put him into photoshop and played about with they way he looked a little.
Started off by making him into a cutout style using a filter, then set about removing the shadows of the background so that I could move him about easily.
After working on Bill I then set about coming up with a background for him to move around in. My idea was that Bill is a failing florist, who accidentally allows all of his flowers to die. Upon realising wht he has allowed to happen to them he then says his line. I wanted the Florist shop to reflect the simplicity of Bill's design but still be a little more colourful so that you can register the change when the flowers do wilt and die.

No comments:

Post a Comment