My photo
Sussex, United Kingdom

Tuesday 4 March 2008

OSTN Ident

For the OSTN Ident project I have been working with Charlotte, as I find working with other people useful, especially when it comes to coming up with ideas. You can bounce of each other to come up with something, that most likely I wouldnt have thought of by myself.

Our animation has been done in flash, as it the programme I am most comfortable with, so its a 2D piece with a painterly background that is piece of charlotte's scanned in work. I think the mix of materials is really affective.

The idea was quite simple. To give the individual letters, in their rectangles, wings and have them fly about the screen to eventually end up with the final four in the centre and merging into the logo.

I'm pleased with the work that we have done so far and I m glad that I was reminded how to create moving symbols in flash in time to complete most of the work.
However, originally we wanted it to appear as though these letter birds were flying towards the screen and hit, with their wings falling off at the end and transforming. But I found that ten seconds hasnt been quite long enought o include this after the flying sequence.


No comments:

Post a Comment